Went to a swap meet today.

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
I was trying to be good. I had strict orders of no cows, horses, sheep, goats or ducks, and I followed them. I KNEW I didnt need anymore chickens BUT......

I bought 4 2 week blk silkies, and 6 day old buff orps.

Also bought 4 roller pigeons and a bunch of irises.

Last auction I went to I was to sell 100 chickens, 90 hens and 10 roosters. My wife said we needed to cut back some. I sold them, but because of the amount I made on them, I was able to buy 150 twelve to sixteen week old hens and the seller gave me 10 roosters. Still had money left. Needless to say the wife was NOT HAPPY.:thun At least the chicken/bird auction here doesn't auction off other farm animals on the same day. I did see a couple of nice looking steers in the pen for the next week. Wife wouldn't let me go (darn).
idunno.gif

Me too I absolutely could not contain myself at a Swap (and that's any kind of swap)

lau.gif
That is so funny you sold 200 and came back with 150 new ones, plus the roosters.... if I did that my husband would move!

I love that we all love our chickens
love.gif
jumpy.gif

But if you get a bunch of roosters and a bunch of hens ....
hu.gif
don't you get a gazillion chicks?

Congrats on your new purchases:) I came home with 13 chickens of various ages so in a matter of a few hours I doubled my flock exactly double as I already had 13 chickens of various ages at home. LOL We almost bought a rabbit also but we no longer have our rabbit pens and will be busy enough building more chicken pens. Right now most of ours are chicks in temporary pens and the poor ducks got kicked out of their pen today and moved to a barn stall. But they seem to be loving the stall and they can make a mess that I can just spray out since the floor is concrete:)

I got 8 Golden Laced Cochin 7 hens and a roo

I also got some from BYC member,Chanin who uses the screen name, momof3. The ones I got from her are 2 black standard Cochin, 2 Mille Fleur, and 1 blue one. You can see photos of them on "IA here" thread if you want.

I got just a mix of chickens RIR, Barred Rock, some EE'ers and a few silkies. Mostly I bid on those I didn't want another bidder to have. Those are the ones that would be better off if I just bucthered them when I got home. But these will be well fed and cared for. I hate it when someone gets an animal doesn't care for it.

Back
Top Bottom