Went to the Grain Store

Aclee, I wonder if ours came from the same hen? I have one who loves to wake the others by stepping on them and I have a couple that do chickie yga stretches
smile.png
My dogs love to stretch so why not the chicks too? It is cute to watch.

The poor husband is concerned about how they sleep, he though one was dead last night.

I LOVE watching the wings unfold, with that leg stretched way out behind the chick!

I also remember coming to the brooder to find ALL 8 chicks looking dead, splayed out in the brooder, and I panicked. When I picked the first one up, everybody else woke up too, like nuthin' was wrong. Of course, nuthin' WAS wrong, they just all fell asleep in the Dead Chick position.

For this, my second batch o' chicks, I'm enjoying watching them fall asleep standing, and slowly tipping over into the Tripod Pose, or falling asleep whilst at the feeder. Slowly, slowly, plunk. Asleep. Just amazing.

Absolutely adorable, aren't they?

We have two chicks we hatched almost four weeks ago, and one looks to be slighty larger than the other, and looks like it's comb is alittle bigger as well. So I'm wondering if that one may be a roo.

Back
Top Bottom