We're going to have to put our Collie to sleep...

hit.gif
:hit:hit I'm crying for you. I also had to do the same thing, a week after my daughter was born last year.
hit.gif
He had no red blood cells and there was nothing they could do that would give him more than a 5% chance a living!
hit.gif
:hit

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going to lose your beloved pet. My thoughts go out to you...

Thanks y'all. Mom called the vet and he said that he was unable to come out today. Then mom called the vet in the town next to ours and they aren't open on Mondays, so it looks like we'll get another day with Mickey. All we can do is keep him as comfy as we can until tomorrow.
hit.gif

Well, Mickey Boo passed away about an hour ago.
hit.gif
We hadn't called the vet because he had started eating and drinking and seemed aware of what was going on around him, so we thought that maybe he was slowly getting better. I guess not.
hit.gif
RIP Sweet Mickey Boo. We love you.
hit.gif

I'm so sorry. I had to have my daughters cat put down just yesterday. It's always tough.

Something I heard a 6 yo say once though comforts me.

I don't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of this...

The vet was concerned that the 6 yo being present for putting the family dog to sleep would be traumatic for the child. The vet asked the little boy if he understood what was going on. The child told the vet yes. The vet obviously surprised asked the child what HE thought about it. The boy says.....Well see, people are born and live till they can learn to bee good to each other and obey God....well....dogs are already good to everyone so they don't have to stay so long.

Hope this helps.

hugs.gif
hit.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. I know you will always have Mickey in your hearts. Know that you gave him the best possible life and now that very tough decision has been lifted from your shoulders. Be strong keep the memories and God Bless

Back
Top Bottom