Werewolf attack...

GOOD LUCK and I am so glad your girl came back that is awesome!!! I hope you get it!!! Dang predators!! I haven't been able to let my girls out to free range without supervision for the last 2 months. They HATE it!! They only get out for about an hour a day when someone can be with them. Tonight my kids were out with them when I was making dinner and my 8 yr old daughter came running in yelling a Coopers hawk just swooped down and tried to get the chickens....when I asked if everyone was ok and did they put the girls up she said yes and we threw walnuts at it to make it go away! At least the girls were smart enough to run to the coop and take cover...not sure if from the hawk or my crazy kids throwing walnuts!! At least no one was injured! I guess the walnuts are good for something other than messing up my yard!
We have also had a hawk stalking the flock since the babies hatched.
I was actually standing in the window when THAT happened, too. I always have a front row seat, and, strangely but wonderfully enough, I have helped to thwart the predator both times! It took me til today to come to grips with that reality! Hooray for being in the right place at the right time!

Back
Top Bottom