wet fowl pox?? please help

sunket77

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Texas Hill Country!
I have a spangled hamburg hen that we got out of a trio that we got from the bluebonnet classic. She seemed to have a problem with her abdomen being swollen and a little letheargic (of course we didn't realize this until we got home with her) The other two are acting fine. She seemed to have some sort of problem with one of her eyes also keeping it shut a lot. We have had them in quarantine the best we could in a brooder. Today she is dying and her abdomen is no longer swollen and she has pooped some water green stuff. and now there are some sores on her comb and her vent. could this have been wet pox? if so how do I keep the others from getting it? please help!!! or could it be something else? thank you!

If you will go up on the right side of page and type in wet fowl pox then hit search you'll get all the help you need. I wish I could help you more but I don't know that much about it..

Thanks!! I discovered that the other hen does have the problem as well, I am thinking I will have to just cull both the hen and the rooster and count the loss, I really don't want to risk the rest of my flock! thank goodness I kept them in quarantine!

Back
Top Bottom