wet wet wet weather!

What kind of worms did you get from the lawn?? & a whole summer w/ no eggs?? What did you de-worm them with?? I just de-wormed mine on 8-5 w/ wazine as a preventative measure, I have some Ivermectin pour on being shipped from amazon, should arrive this week & will use that as soon as it comes in. All told, it'll only be about a month w/ no eggs, not the whole summer. That seems like a long time to go w/ no eggs. How old are your chickens??? I'd love to see pics of them, esp the pencil laced one, I want one of those in my flock!

I had a sick chicken towards the end of June (one died before that for reasons that are still unknown). I gave her molasses water, acv water, a couple of warm baths and out popped a load of round worms after she expelled a shell from the shelless egg I saw her lay and a rubber egg). I put them on wazine...didnt follow up with another round of wazine or other broad spectrum wormer. I decided to use verm-x instead...herbal wormer...no egg withdrawal. Well, chickens didnt get better and a few weeks later (after having eggs for a week) saw worms moving in poop. All I had was wazine so I treated them, but then I started talking to dawg53 (the worming guy) and decided to worm them with valbazen at the end of July. I then dewormed them 10 days later, and now am waiting until the 25th of this month! Basically I wormed with wazine, tried to go natural, wormed with wazine again, then because it is supposedlly not that great had to worm with valbazen and then valbazen again. In the meantime, my girls got cocci, and they have some respiratory issues too now, so I treated with corid and am now treating with denagard! What a summer! Never thought I'd be medicating my girls!

I dont think I answered your question...I'm not sure what kind of worms...dawg53 mentioned what kind they might be...they were only a 1/2 inch or so and skinny....apparently not round worms like the first ones, so my girls had more than one type. Another guy from a feed store said I probably got some kind of worm from the trillions of blackbirds that feed in my yard all the time...some kind of egg that attaches to the blade of grass...I cant remember although I should. All I know is my trouble started when I put them on our lawn...here I thought I was doing a great think...they LOVED it, now I'm afraid to get them fresh grass again!

Back
Top Bottom