What’s in your chicken first aid kit?! 🐓

I’m newish to keeping chickens (coming up to a year) and I’d love to know what is in your chicken first aid kit! I’m based in the UK so there may be some medication you can get in the US that I can’t get here but I can of course Google and try to find an alternative! I’ve been collecting things as my chickens get into scrapes and mischief! I currently have:

Vet wrap
Purple antibacterial spray
Chicken vitamins for drinking water
Worming powder
Coccidiosis liquid medicine for water
Magnesium sulphate ointment
non stick gauze

I’ve ordered some Neosporin from abroad so hopefully that’ll find its way to me though I’m not sure it’ll get through customs 😯

What might I find I suddenly need?! Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! 😃
Heres my kit! Were still upgrading, so its not big

{Petroleum jelly}

{Coconut oil}

{LED heatlamp}

{Styptic powder}

{Epson salt}

{Electrolyt and viatmin mixes}

[Other stuff]

{Gauze}

{Tweezers, nail clippers}

{Small scissors}

Thats about all i can think of off the top of my head!

I’m newish to keeping chickens (coming up to a year) and I’d love to know what is in your chicken first aid kit! I’m based in the UK so there may be some medication you can get in the US that I can’t get here but I can of course Google and try to find an alternative! I’ve been collecting things as my chickens get into scrapes and mischief! I currently have:

Vet wrap
Purple antibacterial spray
Chicken vitamins for drinking water
Worming powder
Coccidiosis liquid medicine for water
Magnesium sulphate ointment
non stick gauze

I’ve ordered some Neosporin from abroad so hopefully that’ll find its way to me though I’m not sure it’ll get through customs 😯

What might I find I suddenly need?! Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! 😃
For us we have the oral medications corid, metrazole, rooster booster, hydro hen, ivermectin, and panacur. Wound treatment meds are vetrycin, bag balm, peroxide (only used for bumble surgeries), Epsom salt (for soaking bumble feet and doing salt rinses) and blue kote. For supplies for applying medications to wounds and protecting wounds we have tweezers, gauze, vet wrap, self sticking vet wrap, vet tape, q-tips, and cotton balls.

In my mind you mean you’re cooking them tiny dinners…..
Oh! Yes, coconut oil works great for that, love making my chicks mini meals.

micheals has great selections for mini pots, pans (their about the size of a bottlecap!) and small spoons, haha!

For us we have the oral medications corid, metrazole, rooster booster, hydro hen, ivermectin, and panacur. Wound treatment meds are vetrycin, bag balm, peroxide (only used for bumble surgeries), Epsom salt (for soaking bumble feet and doing salt rinses) and blue kote. For supplies for applying medications to wounds and protecting wounds we have tweezers, gauze, vet wrap, self sticking vet wrap, vet tape, q-tips, and cotton balls.
Q-tips and coto balls are great, ill have tp add them to ours!

Back
Top Bottom