What’s this noise?

lancasterflock

Songster
8 Years
Sep 10, 2015
Oregon
This is a noise I’ve never heard before. My cuckoo maran has been making this sound all morning and she’s been standing in the same spot the whole time. The other pullets around her are kind of walking around her looking at what’s going on. Any ideas what this means?
I’ve had this girl about two weeks now. When I got her she kinda sounded “honky” I guess you could say but this is the first time I’m hearing this.

Any ideas what this means?
I’ve had this girl about two weeks now. When I got her she kinda sounded “honky” I guess you could say but this is the first time I’m hearing this.
I agree with the first poster probably a sneeze..

Unfortunately.. an indicator of *possible* chronic respiratory disease (mycoplasma, infectious bronchitis, etc).. a # 1 reason to practice biosecurity and not bring birds from other places, especially without a quarantine period.. usual recommendation is 30 days.

https://zpoultry.com/do-chickens-sneeze/

Unfortunately.. an indicator of *possible* chronic respiratory disease (mycoplasma, infectious bronchitis, etc).. a # 1 reason to practice biosecurity and not bring birds from other places, especially without a quarantine period.. usual recommendation is 30 days.

agree with this. hopefully its just a simple sneeze that maybe some dust got to her or maybe a bit too much pollen and it wont go any further

Yikes. Ok I will not be adding anymore to my flock. Could it be that I just refreshed the coop bedding and sprinkled some DE and sweet pdz in there? This is the first time she’s made a noise like that and it just so happened to be right after I cleaned the coop and run

agree with this. hopefully its just a simple sneeze that maybe some dust got to her or maybe a bit too much pollen and it wont go any further
That’s what I was wondering because I literally just cleaned the coop out and there was DE and sweet pdz jn there

I hope it was only because of the DE use and I really hope you didn't make a big mistake of bringing a sick bird 8n to your flock.

I hope it was only because of the DE use and I really hope you didn't make a big mistake of bringing a sick bird 8n to your flock.
Ok let’s not rub it in. My flock is brand new to me. I just started raising chickens again. All of these girls came from the exact same place. If this is a sick bird, well, they were already all together and had this before they came to me. I know the quarantine protocol.

Ok let’s not rub it in. My flock is brand new to me. I just started raising chickens again. All of these girls came from the exact same place. If this is a sick bird, well, they were already all together and had this before they came to me. I know the quarantine protocol.
:thumbsup Most people aren't aware how easily disease is spread. I am glad you already know.

Back
Top Bottom