What’s wrong with my chick!?

ChickenKiera

Songster
Oct 17, 2019
So, I have a 3 month old chick. I got her from a man who raises chickens. I also got 4 more to be with her. Her eyes are sunken in and she doesn’t walk around a lot whereas her sister run about. When she walks she seems wobbly and whenever I pick her up she chirps and flaps her wings. She closes her eyes like she is seeping but she never lies down like her sisters. I thought that she was blind but she goes over and walks to her food and eats it. I haven’t seen her drink yet so I gave her some water in a little bowl (I put the bowl up to her beak). I’m very worried about her because I don’t want her to die.

Attachments

• AE96C852-F504-4D7A-8F45-0F8958951012.png
    AE96C852-F504-4D7A-8F45-0F8958951012.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The only thing that I can see from your picture is that maybe her crop is sticking out a good bit. Perhaps she has sour crop or an impacted crop. I don't know if either of these conditions effects chickens as young as three months but I'd at least check it out. How long have you had these chickens?

The only thing that I can see from your picture is that maybe her crop is sticking out a good bit. Perhaps she has sour crop or an impacted crop. I don't know if either of these conditions effects chickens as young as three months but I'd at least check it out. How long have you had these chickens?
I have had them for two days.

Back
Top Bottom