What’s wrong with my ducks bill? *PICTURES*

cnielsen

Songster
Aug 28, 2020
I was sitting with our ducks today, and noticed one of them, Maisie, has a raised spot on her bill. She is eating and drinking completely fine, and acting her normal self. It is under her right nostril.
F90CC999-DC72-4A81-B76F-E38F67CB065A.jpeg
09C0502C-7935-40AB-AA7D-C21E0C70A826.jpeg

could this be a scrape? it has also been very cold, so i thought frostbite at first but her feet are normal, and so are our other ducks (plus they have a heat lamp).

any advice and maybe what it is would be appreciated! :)

My older Runner drake gets that sometimes. He is always trying to poke his bill in the next pen where his son and daughters are. I think he gets wire cuts.

I was sitting with our ducks today, and noticed one of them, Maisie, has a raised spot on her bill. She is eating and drinking completely fine, and acting her normal self. It is under her right nostril.
View attachment 2434499View attachment 2434500
could this be a scrape? it has also been very cold, so i thought frostbite at first but her feet are normal, and so are our other ducks (plus they have a heat lamp).

any advice and maybe what it is would be appreciated! :)

Oh my goodness, she's beautiful!!! She looks just like my sweet little Tom (we thought she was a Drake and then the name had already stuck by the time we realized that she was a girl). Buff Orpington Duck, right? My Tom has been molting for a while now but recently realized that she's able to fly again. It's so funny because it's like she is trying to show off by making sure that I see her fly off the porch. Is your little cutie full of personality? I will find my last post about her being mischievous and tag you <3

She is beautiful! Is she a buff orpington? I have 2 buff girls but they're only 3 weeks old, so they are still in the fuzzy phase. I hope they look similar to your gal when their older

My older Runner drake gets that sometimes. He is always trying to poke his bill in the next pen where his son and daughters are. I think he gets wire cuts.
we live on some property that was a real dump before we got it, and unfortunately we find sharp trash uprooted by the ducks. they sure know how to find sharp things!

She is beautiful! Is she a buff orpington? I have 2 buff girls but they're only 3 weeks old, so they are still in the fuzzy phase. I hope they look similar to your gal when their older
aw thank you! yes she is, we also have three. she’s about 9 weeks right now. the fuzzy phase is so cute! They’re going to be beautiful i’m sure

Oh my goodness, she's beautiful!!! She looks just like my sweet little Tom (we thought she was a Drake and then the name had already stuck by the time we realized that she was a girl). Buff Orpington Duck, right? My Tom has been molting for a while now but recently realized that she's able to fly again. It's so funny because it's like she is trying to show off by making sure that I see her fly off the porch. Is your little cutie full of personality? I will find my last post about her being mischievous and tag you <3
thank you so much, and yes she is a buff! they’re such a beautiful breed. that’s hilarious, we had the same story but with one of our cats. her and our other two are so funny! they run right up to us, and they like to take very noisy victory laps around their little area. i would love to see her! <3

Back
Top Bottom