What’s wrong

fionnal

Hatching
May 17, 2024
So I have 4 ducks that are a little over one month old and they’re my first ducks ever. Everything was going great and they were happy and uninjured till last Sunday. On Sunday I noticed one of my ducks was bleeding on her wing so I got her inside and cleaned up and put some blue coat on her (which I now know not to do but it happens) she then got these like unopened exposed feathers but she wasn’t bleeding. Today I went out to check on all my ducks and I see something is wrong. Her feathers on her wings are exposed but not like opened yet. Half of her wing also seems to be falling off. She keeps trying to put her wings up but they keep dropping. She also keeps preening at her chest and picking at the wings. What should I do/whats going on?

Post some pictures to get the best help. It's probably the blood feathers - sometimes ducklings will pick at their friends just because it's a curiosity - it's very painful for the little ones so try to stop it. If the bleeding won't stop you can use quick clot or something like that. If the wings are drooping it could just be to the weight of the wing as the blood feathers are developing, that can be normal. If they're angling out at all you have angel wing and then you need to start fixing that right away. If you post a picture we can help you determine what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom