What A Day!

bloom chicks

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
FL
This is my 1st broody! My broody was sitting on 12 eggs and so far 8 chicks have hatched. Today is only day 20.
woot.gif
woot.gif

Crazy day! Chicks hatching 8 so far, My Easter Egger laid her first egg today and a hawk attacked my rooster (he seems to be fine) when I walked out side the hawk and my rooster were both laying on the ground. The Hawk is half the size of my BO

1st Easter egger's egg
94919_chicks_317.jpg

Poor Lance
94919_chicks_322.jpg

Here are my babies thus far. I just wanted to share!
94919_chicks_365.jpg

94919_chicks_366.jpg

94919_chicks_367.jpg

Lance is a trooper. He is my alpha and after his fight with the hawk was still doing his duties. He is an awesome rooster. I hope I have him a long time. I told him I need more babies from him. lol

Quote:
What a great boy. I mean, I know hawks have to eat too, but just not all of our little chickens right? My BO roosters were extremely protective and good to the hens. Lovely boy Lance is.

Quote:
What a great boy. I mean, I know hawks have to eat too, but just not all of our little chickens right? My BO roosters were extremely protective and good to the hens. Lovely boy Lance is.

Lance deserves some special treats... He is beautiful... So are the baby peeps...
love.gif

Okay so it looks like we have 10 babies that hatched. So my question is will the other 2 hatch tomorrow? Today is offically day 21.

Yes it was a lot in one day! But Lance is doing great! He is himself!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom