What a mess! Will it ever end? WARNING! Long story

Wow!
hugs.gif

Hang in there - eventually things will smooth out, and I'm going to say a prayer for you right now! Accomplished.

so did ya make it to the er? did ya break it or not? i am hoping for the not. i know about knee pain. but i only occasionaly get it but mostly just from standing or turning wrong. yuck. good luck:)
Sue

Yeah, I went to the ER the next day. Nothing broke. Doc says my knee is injured but he saw nothing on the x-rays. Cartilage don't show up on x-rays. It still hurts and i'm on crutches but it will get better. It's more sore today than yesterday but I think it was because I thought I heard my chickens yelling and thought something was getting them so I got up and ran to the door. It was a puppy across the street getting attacked by a bigger dog. Puppy is ok, the owner got to him in time. But When the panic stopped I realized I had my knee hurting more than it was. So I may have an extra day of babying it.

I put an ice pack on it this morning to get the swelling down.

get some epsom salts, put in water, soak a towel in water, lay the soaked towel on your knee. glad to hear it isn't broken. I haven't been online to ask how you are.
smile.png
hope it heals quickly.

Sue

Quote:
Thanks for the concern. I just wish I had gotten that message before I went to the store. Somebody told me to soak it in the tub but I can't get down into the tub much less back out of it.
smack.gif

My grandson has a football game in the morning. I'll get some then and thanks for the suggestion. I'll do it.

I love this site, everybody is so helpful. We're like one large family.
love.gif

i broke my toe a year or two ago. i was walkign though the house and took the corner to sharp and caught my toe on the corner of the furnace housing. and it was late but the next morning i was up and my foot was swelled up to my ankle(it was my little toe) and black and blue that far too. i went to work a few days later(it was teh weekend to) and one of my friends told me to soak in epsom salts. i did it that night and the next morning my foot didn't hurt as bad. and by the next weekend it wasn't as black and blue.. so i hope it heals quick for you:)

Sue

Quote:
I had a lovely fall in April of this year. Same thing no break, but pulled muscles, torn ligaments. My knees were killing me. My dr ordered a MRI of Rt knee. I have osteoarthritis, runners knee (how??) torn ligaments. I got injections (Hyalgan) in my knees, they are to jump start my cartilage (to start making it again). The injections have helped a lot. But my muscles & ligaments are taking a LONG time to heal. I just recently noticed I can walk more for longer periods of time without it hurting as much. Rest your knee/leg as much as possible, keep it elevated as much as you can. It is such an interuption in your life when you can't walk like you need to do! I will keep you in my prayers for a rapid recovery!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Oh gosh, i've broken my toes so many times they're all crooked but the 2 big toes. I broke my finger one tme coming in the house. I just wrapped it and after a few days I just wanted it xrayed to confirm it and sure enough. I was a pizza delivery person so it was hard working since I kept bumping it on the hot racks. I hit it hard enough to rebreak it and it bent that time. I had to unwrap it and pull it back in place. My boss was trying to help me take the tape off because it was swelling. when he got it off and saw it was bent then watched me put it back in place he almost got sick. It hurt so bad I had to do something then. It felt better afterwards too. I used a make shift splint until I got home and used a normal one.
As far as my knee. it was hurting last night but its better today. I wrapped it. My legs are big anyway so the ace bandages aren't wide enough and they roll up and it gets very uncomfortable behind my knee where it rolls to. i'm gonna do your suggestion today. I'll stop after the game and get some epsom salts.

I'll let you all know how the game goes. My grandson is quarter back and line backer. He switches with the other good player they have. They're only 8 and it's tab football. But they still enjoy tackling from tme to time. I record his games for future embarassment when he gets older hehe

I know it seems like things will never end but I promise you, one day it will. I've been down this road all too often and I know it stinks. I just mapquested where you live and it stinks that you're so far away from me.

Please know that I'll keep you in my thoughts. My mom always said that if it wasn't for bad luck, we'd had no luck at all, and that our last name should have been Murphy, not McAvoy. LOL

If you need a shoulder, don't hesitate to PM or email me. I have broad shoulders.

HUGSSSSSSSS

Laurie

Well, they lost the game 30 - 7. They tried at least. The team they played was from a bigger school and if some of then hadn't been so darn fast my grandson would have stopped alot of those points. lol He was on their tails but just coulnd't gain enough speed to grab for those tags. He did get several though. He even did one of those funning jump and grabs and just barely missed it. They played a good game anyway. I'm proud of my grandson and his team for the effort they put into it.

I got some epsom salt like was suggested. I'll use it tonight or a little later when i'm not up and checking on my chickens. They are free ranging. I came home from the game and my AO hadlaid her first egg. I put that in another thread.

The happy parents and I where very excited about the new arrival. It's waiting to go in the bator as it is in use at the time.

Back
Top Bottom