WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? i JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND....

i just had the same thing happen and im wondering now if it had anything to do with the holes being plugged....i did this for the last 3 days on the last hatch and it was fine....i thought it was one hole plugged one hole unplugged 1-18 and both 19-21? i had 6 eggs....today was day 24 and i just cracked them all open and all were fully formed and dead....i cant figure out whats going on....but maybe that was it...lack of oxygen? i find that strange tho if they hadnt even pipped through the air cell?

Quote:
the eggs are porous (what I was told
hu.gif
)
the other problem, for me, with fully formed non-hatching chicks was the chicks too big for the shell (pullet eggs). I didn't set them on purpose, but it was what I was sent.

eta- there are many variables and many things "it could have been". We have discussed this over and over and there isn't any one answer. My problem may not be your problem, unless your conditions are identical to mine, there are only ways we can *guess* what happened and share our experiences with others so it may help. I just know the worst thing that happens is you wait 3 weeks and get nothing for all your hard work, sometimes it's just not your fault.....

Last edited:
the chicks were too big for the shell? how does that work?

all chicks are not the same size..

In other words, I am to believe that no matter what, the chick is going to be the same size as the chick in the other shell, but because it just happens to be in a smaller shell it will not fit?? where does the extra matter come from to make it too large? everything that makes the chick is in the egg.

Did the chicks that you checked that did not pip the air sac squash the air sac ? they must have, if they were too big..

Back
Top Bottom