What am I looking for?

Kessidy

Songster
11 Years
May 13, 2008
today is the end of day 23 and I am hearing and seeing nothing from my chicks. I talked into the inc and heard no "talking" back, no chirping etc. I decided to candle an egg so I slid the bator open just a touch and quickly removed an egg. Didn't even drop the temp. I candled it and the egg was fuller than it was on day 17. It was entirely black except the air pocket. The air pocket is clear. I tapped on the egg and there was no movement or sound that I could see or hear, but the eggs are dark in color and I have never seen movement but they continue to grow so...

So what am I looking for? I am hoping that there is still a chance, though I am 100% sure that the temp has not been low. It is a still air so I have kept it at 101 to 101.5.

I am a nervous wreck over this whole thing.

I am still fairly new at this myself, but I would wait another day or two. At this stage in development, then you will not see much of anything in the egg. The chick has grown to fill the egg, so pretty much all that you will see is the aircell. I have heard that if you have a very good candling light, then you can see more, but mine isn't that good...lol

Dorothy

Back
Top Bottom