What am I - several breeds in here! Updated!

Nimby Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Central FL
I got these guys at the farm swap recently, was hoping you could tell me what they are and what gender they are.

I do not know how old they are either. Complete mystery chicks.

#1 - This one is super small and looks fully feathered. *EDIT* People have said Belgian D'anver pullet! I'm not sure though because she is not bearded like they are supposed to be. Agree/disagree?

5FD3C128-orig.jpg

FFD98505-orig.jpg

576FE79B-orig.jpg

35D6AD55-orig.jpg

#2 - This one is some kind of silkie cross, but what gender?

37DFB22D-orig.jpg

043FAF0E-orig.jpg

0DFC3F24-orig.jpg

#3 - No clue. Barred EE?

27B95FC1-orig.jpg

#4 - Same as above guess but this one has feathered legs.

2D0A54DB-orig.jpg

4F83FC5C-orig.jpg

These chicks have a different story. I hatched them myself and cannot remember for the life of me what they are. They are 5-6 weeks old now. I thought they were Speckled sussex but they have pink legs and white chests.

*EDIT* the people have spoken and they ARE speckled sussex! Guess on sex?

# 5 -
A76B0745-orig.jpg

# 6 -
5D4F118C-orig.jpg

# 7 - And this one, I know what she is but not the gender. I call her Eesa and she is a sizzled leghorn and is 6-7 weeks old.

4BE2FCC8-orig.jpg

2A65E058-orig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
What about pink legs?

Normal. They will pearl-colored as adults. You will love them!!

Here's our boy, about 8 weeks.

36723_suss2.jpg

Last edited:
I belive the first one is a Belgian D Anver Quail. It's beutiful, now I want one, lol. Take a look in the breed sub index for pictures.

Quote:
Thank you for the nudge! I will go look it up. She is SO TINY, like as big as my other 5 week old chicks and is as feathered as my 12-week olds. I honestly was thinking she was a Serama. She is super teeny!

Quote:
She's a third-generation sizzle leghorn, which means she is part silkie and part leghorn - that's why her comb is HUGE and she is smooth feathered! She also has mostly pink skin, but one of her toes is blue.
big_smile.png
I am really hoping she is a she because she is such a love. Normally I would think boy but even girl leghorns have HUGE red combs. So I do not know!

Back
Top Bottom