What am I???

Crack N' Egg

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
Flemington, NJ
Hi Everyone,

This past Saturday we decided to expand our family by 7. We purchased 4 (2 SLW & 2 BO) chicks and were generously given 3 RIR. The problem is, is that I know nothing about RIR chick colorings. And I find these chicks oddly colored. I was hoping someone can put my mind at ease. Our friend has been hatching his own chicks for years, but he also has guinea hens and I want to make sure I didn't pull those out of the box instead of the RIR chicks.

Here are some pics:

37933_dsc_0044.jpg

37933_dsc_0030.jpg

37933_dsc_0019.jpg

37933_dsc_0027.jpg

37933_dsc_0013.jpg

2 of the chicks have EE type stripes on their backs, eyeliner around their eyes. One has orange legs & feet, and the other has greyish legs & feet (kind of like an EE) The 3rd chick almost looks like a BO.

They came out of a RIR Roo and RIR hen.

Any clues???

Thanks for you help!

The black chick is not a RIR for sure. I doubt some of the others being RIR. I don't think any are guineas. the red chicks are RIR I think.

not guineas, but don't look like RIR either(they are chickens though). Wonder if maybe a neighbor's roo could have visited
hu.gif

I am not a expert by any means, but I do have 4 3 week old RIR, and they looked very similar to the ones you have pictured. I have one that has those same black strips down the back.

Back
Top Bottom