What am I? :)

pdx2phx

Chased by Chickens
11 Years
Apr 12, 2010
SE Coastal GA
I'm new to chickens and am hoping to get some insight into breed and gender of our four 7 week olds. Here goes!

1) This one is a Bantam. We have no idea what breed or gender. Initially we were thinking cockerel but now we're not so sure. Very feathery feet, friendly and calm, has little ear "floofs" that stick out a lot. Small, flesh colored comb that doesn't seem to be growing much.

2) This one is a regular size chicken. Supposedly a New Hampshire (?). I'm thinking pullet but who knows?! Very curious personality, small flesh colored comb. Might be growing some flesh colored wattles.

3) Another Bantam of unknown breed & gender. I am thinking cockerel, but not sure. More anxious personality (and hard to photograph!). Red comb & wattles coming in.

4) Another regular sized chicken. Supposedly some kind of Wyandotte (?) I'm thinking pullet but don't know. More aloof personality. A reddish flat type of comb coming in sort of saddle-shaped (rather than comb shaped)

I truly appreciate any insight you all give me...thanks!!

i agree with everyon above...but am not sure about the new hampshire. I don't think I have ever seen those at the feed stores in North/West Phoenix. That doesnt mean ou cant find them, but ?

My MFU is about the same maturity as yours---and its comb is way bigger/redder. I would say it is a pullet.

Quote:
Laree, I sure hope the MFU turns out to be a pullet. Such a sweet-tempered, friendly (and screamingly cute IMHO) little bird!
lol.png

If the NH isn't a NH, what do you think it could be?

thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom