What animals can live with rabbits?

Raccoon lady

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
I have two holland lop rabbits(they’re going to be fixed soon btw) and I’m building a bigger enclosure than the one they have right now. The one I’m building is about 8x4 feet. I was wondering if I could keep any other animals with them. The rabbits have been around chickens and both seemed fine. But what about birds like pigeons or parakeets? Thanks!

I’ve never tried putting other animals in with rabbits! But 8 x 4 seems a little small for two rabbits; I have two Netherland Dwarf rabbits in an 8 x 8 pen and it still seems too small for them (just my two cents :)).

I’ve never tried putting other animals in with rabbits! But 8 x 4 seems a little small for two rabbits; I have two Netherland Dwarf rabbits in an 8 x 8 pen and it still seems too small for them (just my two cents :)).
Well before they each only had six square feet each. I now see that it’s way too small, so it will be tripling there space. I’ll also try to add lots of toys and enrichments! Oh, and I forgot to add that my rabbits live outside.

Well before they each only had six square feet each. I now see that it’s way too small, so it will be tripling there space. I’ll also try to add lots of toys and enrichments! Oh, and I forgot to add that my rabbits live outside.
Mine do too :)
On nice days I take them out of there and put them in a playpen so they have access to grass.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 11
outside is generally not a great idea for rabbits, I know they can die of heart attacks and similar from hearing predators overnight. they also overheat quite easily. pigeons can be a bit territorial/defensive to my knowledge and will probably pull fur for nest linings. I am not as familiar with parakeets as I often deal with larger psitticines.

I’ve seen a few people online that have kept rabbits and parakeets together, so maybe I’ll start off with having a smaller area for birds inside the rabbit pen so they can’t hurt each other.

Back
Top Bottom