What antibiotic for Salpingitis?

Maybe call the vet back and send him the link I posted above and see what he says about antibiotics.
:confused:

Some vets will prescribe it, some won't. Those that won't prescribe it can prescribe something else. IMO, something to treat the bolded bacteria below would be best. Since a vet has already seen this bird I would call them back and talk about what your options are. I am very pro vet and don't usually like to contradict their advice.

"Salpingitis or inflammation of the oviduct, is a serious reproductive-related emergency frequently seen in hens bred for high egg-productivity (especially ex-battery hens). It is often associated with a wide number of infectious pathogens, although Escherichia coli is the most common infectious cause. It may also involve Actinobacter, Corynebacterium, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Streptococcus spp. and/or Salmonella

See more at: http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/salpingitis

It still looks like a lash egg, inside and out, not matter how small it is. @casportpony, is there any antibiotic better than Baytril to use against most of those bacteria?
That's what I was just looking for info on. I think Baytril will treat most of those, but not sure. Maybe Amikacin?

Back
Top Bottom