What Antiseptics and Disinfectants are in Your Kit?

What's in Your KIt?

• Total voters
So far, I'm figuring it's because their animal got hurt, someone suggested Vetericyn, they used it and the animal healed. Good start? It smells like a mild bleach solution to me.
I think it is a mild bleach. But I guess what I'm really asking is why do so many people want to spend so much money on such a small bottle when they can get a gallon of chlorhexidine concentrate for less money?

I think it is a mild bleach. But I guess what I'm really asking is why do so many people want to spend so much money on such a small bottle when they can get a gallon of chlorhexidine concentrate for less money?
Probably ease of availability.
I bought a small bottle of vetricyn, never needed to use it.

Also the quality of the spray bottle. All the empty spray bottles ive ever bought were junk. The big vetericyn bottle i boight is almost empty and hasn't broken. (I've also never spent so much on a spray bottle before).
Chickens move quickly and spraying the medicine worked well.

Just of pure curiosity would honey attract bugs? I know honey is a great anti bacterial! I also use mineral oil, if a chicken has diarrhea it can be added to the vent feathers to prevent more poo stickage. I guess that's not a antiseptic or disinfectant, but useful. I also have Epsom salt, bumble foot soak to soften and soothe area.
I think honey could attract bugs.

Back
Top Bottom