What are some chicken breeds you wish that you have, but you don’t yet?

Bantam Appenzeller Spitzhaubens
OEPF
Lamona
Kraienkopp
Orust
Dominique
Olandsk Dwarf
Sumatra
Liege Fighter
Rose Comb Anconas
Ayam Ketawa
Bantam Buckeye
Freisian
Icelandic
Schijndelaar
Appenzeller Barthuhner
Smaaland
Norwegian Jaerhon
Let me think of more. No, I'll just go get my list!
Old English Pheasant Fowl! A friend of mine has some of those eggs in the bator right now. Or at least we hope its OEPF. The egg color is off.. ... :hmm

Frisians! How could I forget that! They're stunning!

Ayem cemani (which I was sooo close to getting but didn't have enough hens for the 2 roos)

Seramas

Mille fleur d'uccle

Perkin

Speckled Sussex (I had one but we had to give her back to the original owner because she missed free ranging)

Frisian but only the roos

Cream Legbar

And basically any true bantam. If I only had a bigger coop...... a MUCH bigger coop I have 14 chickens right now and probably have room for 3-4 more bantams😒

I want ALL the breeds!! Honestly, I am building a flock where no two birds look the same.

To maximise how many I can keep, I'm sticking to bantams. So any bantam version of LF, or any true bantam is welcome.

Saying that, I'm trying to avoid feathered feet (even though I have silkies) because the mud in winter is awful and they get prone to scaly leg mites too.

I have a real penchant for black and white birds and any sort of lacing or mottling or bicolour combos like colombian.

Double laced barnevelders and silver laced polish/sebright/wyandotte are high on my list, also groninger meeuwen/appenzeller spitzhauben/Houdan/deathlayer/Hamburg/Lakenvelder/Vorwerk.

I want ALL the breeds!! Honestly, I am building a flock where no two birds look the same.

To maximise how many I can keep, I'm sticking to bantams. So any bantam version of LF, or any true bantam is welcome.

Saying that, I'm trying to avoid feathered feet (even though I have silkies) because the mud in winter is awful and they get prone to scaly leg mites too.

I have a real penchant for black and white birds and any sort of lacing or mottling or bicolour combos like colombian.

Double laced barnevelders and silver laced polish/sebright/wyandotte are high on my list, also groninger meeuwen/appenzeller spitzhauben/Houdan/deathlayer/Hamburg/Lakenvelder/Vorwerk.
Sounds amazing! Do you have pictures of your flock, I'd love to see them!

I tried to do the same thing. I have a limited amount of chickens I can keep since I cannot free range and don't have a humongous coop so I got or am getting a lot of different breeds. so far I only have 3 silkie chickens and 4 EEs that are the same breed out of my 14 chickens. I have a blue orpington, a Ameraucana, a black Copper Maran, a silkie Barred Rock Cross, a silkie Ameraucana cross, a Barred Rock, and a black white crested polish. I'm hoping to get a breeding pair of seramas and hopefully a Mille Fleur d'uccle hen

Back
Top Bottom