What are some cute names for a male kitten? UPDATE! He's home!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bock, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I REALLY wanted to get a dog, but since we lost our cat 8 months ago, and my dad doesn't want another dog, we are going to get a cat instead. Next week (after camping) we are going to go to the pound to pick up a kitten. I think we are going to get a male since all of our dogs and cats are females. I am full of cute girl names, but as far as boy names, I am at a loss. I think we are going for an orange tabby, but if one a different color is nicer, then we will get him. Currently we have Bella and Tigger, and in the past we had Oliver and Sam. I was thinking of naming him Orange, Red, or Tiger in a different langauge, but so far they all sound funny. Thanks for any suggestions! [​IMG]

Oh yeah, and there is a little polydactl orange tabby at the pound. I was wondering if cats with extra toes were better/ worse climbers and if they were extra clumsy. Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Bongo

3. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    I have a friend whose last name is Chen, and her husband's is Chan. Their adorable fluffy orange kitten is called Cheeto Chen-Chan. [​IMG]

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

We have an orange kitty named Julius. As in Orange Julius?

I've always been partial to orange kitties. Good luck with your name picking. [​IMG]

Em

5. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Hermon. [​IMG]

6. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    My cats name is BOB.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    How about Fiasco or Felix or Tut or Mr. Meowgi

8. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I named my male kitty Mr. Bojangles [​IMG]

Oh! And before him (for some reason, my cats always end up as inside-outside and something stupid occurs).
    Maximum Spazz - Max for short, he was a solid black. Super cute. Hit by a car when we moved to Missouri. Parents told me he ran away.
    Blue Cheese - That was a gray girl, my second name choice for Bojangles. Went to my aunt, who then 'claimed' she started peeing all over the place. No idea where she went after that.
    Gummi Bear - My big, beautiful gray and white tom kitty. He stopped coming around the house when I got Hazel, my pooch.
    Murphy - Wild tabby kitten I tamed down. I think my neighbors stole him when they moved.
    Pandora - Murph's sister, she got eaten by an owl.

And now.... Mr. Bojangles! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  9. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Felix and Bongo are really cute. Hmmm, still thinkin though, I want to make sure I pick the purrrfect name! Does anyone know about/own a cat with extra toes? [​IMG]

10. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Uncle Leio,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by