What are some good treats to give to my Chickens????

lanie8

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Hi guys , I have a question? does anybody know what are some good treats to give to chickens??? Thanks.

Quote:
Pretty much anything you would eat is OK. And if it is healthy for you, it is mostly healthy for chickens.
I give mine a salad nightly, usually chopped greens, other vegetables, fruits, a little carbs and leftovers, if I have any.
It has been recommended that you keep the total amount of treats to 10% or less of their total diet, to keep them from diluting the the total amount of nutrients in the commercial feed.

Are you concerned about some nutrition issue with your chickens? or just want to spoil them.

Good luck,
Imp

btw- the only thing off limits for me is avocado.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm glad I know some good healthy treats to give them. lanie8

10 percent??? Oh, man, I'm going to hear from the chickens about this one
hmm.png

Two things from the kitchen they love is cheese and pineapple. My wife buys whole pineapple and cuts um up. The parts she cuts off I take out to the chickens. The first time they really didn't have a clue what it was. But now that they've found out, they jump on it. And the cheese, the shreaded stuff, just don't get to close. They will attack you for it. They get a lot of other things but that is their two favorites.

You want your chickens to love you, give them hot dogs. Hold it in your hand and let them munch on it till its gone. Just once in a while though, they love it. mine do.

Back
Top Bottom