What are the Breeds you can't live without?

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
Sally was my very first chicken I ever got. She is still the queen of the coop. she is a NH Red
The breeds I have realized I must have in my flock are
Barred rock.. I just had my one and only barred rock to sleep :(
Polish
Light Brahma
Cochin
Wyandotte
and I think I might have fallen in love with my the silkie breed as I now have 4 new babies

and what are ones you would like to have

I would like a
Salmon faverolle
Dark Brahma

Sally was my very first chicken I ever got. She is still the queen of the coop. she is a NH Red
The breeds I have realized I must have in my flock are
Barred rock.. I just had my one and only barred rock to sleep :(
Polish
Light Brahma
Cochin
Wyandotte
and I think I might have fallen in love with my the silkie breed as I now have 4 new babies

and what are ones you would like to have

I would like a
Salmon faverolle
Dark Brahma
Oh goodie!! :wee You want a Salmon Faverolles!!! You can have MINE!
chicken bush.jpg

First on my list of breeds I can't live without is the white leghorn. I really love my two.
Next would be a Plymouth Barred Rock. My hen is a sweetie and the PBR chick in the brooder is too. She's the only one who will come to me and let me pick her up and hold her.

View attachment 1780027
Everyone here seems to have such good luck with barred rocks, I've got 3 and they're such buttholes to the rest of the flock :-(
First on my list of breeds I can't live without is the white leghorn. I really love my two.
Next would be a Plymouth Barred Rock. My hen is a sweetie and the PBR chick in the brooder is too. She's the only one who will come to me and let me pick her up and hold her.

View attachment 1780027

Uh oh ..do you have a naughty salmon ?

I love all my feather babies I started off with 2 leghorns 2 barred rocks and 2 rhode islands. Out of my first 6 I still have my white leghorn snow and Rhoda my Rhode. I expanded my breeds with buff orphingtons a lavender orphington purchased me a few more barred rocks I named one Ginger because she likes to fly over privacy fence lay an egg by my front porch and go to neighbors and lay an egg for them as well lol then she comes home lays another by my porch and heads into the coop for the night lol. I have 3 creamed colored wyndottes 2 white crested top polish and a buff lace polish 4 sapphire gems 2 are broody as we speak lol Isa browns and black sexlinks and 5 partridge silkies a yellow bearded silkie that's broody also and a black roo silkie. Also a splash americauna rooster which ia my husband's boy lol sir greystoke lol amber links Elsa and Anna 1 golden lace wyndotte Tangerina jo Lee lol and 3 Easter eggers. Hubby loves our roos he claims that those are his and the rest are mine lol Hubby wants a Tolbunt orphinghton and polish also they seem so hard to find on a mission to find the breed he wants and hopefully suprise him for fathers day. Another breed on my list is Sussex I love their colors and blue Andalusia

Back
Top Bottom