What are the laying months for turkey hens?

Maryallison

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
My turkey hens haven't laid any eggs in about 2 months now. I was assuming it was bescause of the heat. I am getting worried that they are done for the year though and I won't get a chance to hatch any turkeys out!
sad.png
When do they stop laying? Oh...I am in Florida and it has been a super hot summer, most days are about 100 degrees!

Ours started in April and are still laying 1 every other day. I heard that the usual season is Feb to April. I'm sure someone more experienced than me could give a better answer.

I can't say for sure for captive birds but I can tell you wild turkeys start in late April and will lay an egg a day until she has 8-15 eggs, the average being 12. From then on the hen will stay on her nest until they hatch in about 28 days.

Ours usually start in April and lay until July or August then they are pretty much done for the year.

Mine have been laying since at least Feb and are still laying...it was 105 for several days last week. Last year, they laid eggs from Feb through Oct...

Corona~Barb

Back
Top Bottom