What are the most fun and friendly breed of chickens as pets?

THIS is what makes it all worthwhile--FUZZY-BUTTS playing with you!
wee.gif
D.gif
And yes, they ALL love the shoulder and the hair. earrings if ya got em on too.

Quote:

Susanah, I personally would recommend the Cream Brabanters. I've gotten a beautiful one that came from the Ideal Hatchery. They're sooo beautiful, plus they are considered to be a large fowl, but they're on the small size. I have a roo and two hens, and they will follow me around, and they just chatter away at me. And they love to be held. Even the rooster. I did hand raise them from newly hatched chicks, so that makes them super friendly.

The're just the prettiest chickens I've ever seen with a small crest. I think of them as being ornamental. They lay a medium/small white egg.

I wish I could post pics, but I haven't been able to figure that out yet......

I am just starting out with Delawares and I will say that at any other time I would have swore that my Marans where the friendliest birds I have ever had, BUT, now that I have Delawares, I have to say the Del's are even more friendly than the Marans. They are only 4 weeks old, but my gosh they are SUPER OOBER FRIENDLY. They have been since they came out of the egg, this impressed me the most, I couldn't believe how friendly and unafraid they were at just a few hours old. They have gotten even more friendly as they have grown. They eat out of my hand, never scatter, run up to me when I walk into their brooder, will climb up my arm and sit on my shoulder. They just keep amazing me with their sweet personalities. I can only imagine what they are going to be like when they are matured.
love.gif

I have 2 Buff Laced Polish that "purr themselves to sleep in my lap But I'd have to say my White Leghorn is my friendliest. She comes up to me every morning to be petted and also comes to her name. LOVES to be held and stroked. Comes to her name too and gives me a large white egg every day too. BTW I've read where friendliness was a genetic thing and Mcmurrays (where I got mine) are known for their friendly leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom