What are the signs that she is close? UPDATED WITH PIC

You have a girl.

This is NOT my picture, but this is what boys look like:
brpasture2.jpg

Her comb and wattles don't look red enough yet. At least from that pic they don't. Mine were bright red, and their faces were red before they laid. BUT, NONE Of mine do the squat!! I have 27 laying, and NONE squat for me! They do for the roo, but not any of the humans.
hu.gif

My BR's have never done the squat think not even to my Cockerel. I knew mine were getting ready to lay when they would go into the coop checking everything for a nesting place.

It was funny to watch. It was like watching a couple looking for a place to live. My Cockerel would scrach out a place in the corner, lay in it and do his little talk to my pullet and then he would get up and she would lay in it and check it out. She would then get up balk loudly at him and then he would go to another corner and start the whole thing over again. They did that for about two days and then she laid an egg on the roost. I guess she didn't like any of the places my cockerel picked out.

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, one problem, I must have been really bad cause there is nothing under my hen:(

Thats too funny. I keep checking but nothing yet .I wonder how good I have to be. LOL I dont want to wait till X - Mass for eggs
sad.png
Thanks for listening Scotty
big_smile.png

My BR and RIR started laying about 18 1/2 wks I wasn't a member here yet and didn't know about the comb thing. However they were swatting right before they layed. Have you moved her resently? If so she might take a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom