what are these bumps on my turkeys head?

jager8113

Hatching
May 20, 2019
Hi, I noticed these bumps on my Male Turkey this morning. They are small, dark red/black, and are raised. One did "pop" while I was holding him for pictures and a very small amount of blood came out. My 2 female turkey don't have the spots, and none of my chicken seem to have anything. He is acting totally normal, and from the best I can tell, I don't see any odd poop. He is kept with 2 other turkey, some chicken, and 3 muscovy ducks. He is a pet, and we would really like to treat him, as well as avoid anything spreading. Thanks in advance for any help!
20190520_094639.jpg
20190520_094635.jpg
20190520_094649.jpg

Hi, I noticed these bumps on my Male Turkey this morning. They are small, dark red/black, and are raised. One did "pop" while I was holding him for pictures and a very small amount of blood came out. My 2 female turkey don't have the spots, and none of my chicken seem to have anything. He is acting totally normal, and from the best I can tell, I don't see any odd poop. He is kept with 2 other turkey, some chicken, and 3 muscovy ducks. He is a pet, and we would really like to treat him, as well as avoid anything spreading. Thanks in advance for any help! View attachment 1782633 View attachment 1782634 View attachment 1782635
At least some of it is dried blood. You can clearly see a small cut in one place. The remainder may be from insect bites.

Back
Top Bottom