What are these chicks? Would like to know breed and/or gender if possible

Oh my bad. Do silkies have feathers on their legs cause I thought they did and that's what I was going for
Yes, silkies do have feathers on their legs. But so do Cochins, Brahmas, Sultans, some Marans, d'Uccle bantams, and probably a few more kinds that I'm forgetting. Sorting them out can be a bit tricky :)

I can tell breeds when they are grown but when they are chicks it's a wild guess for me
Yes, silkies do have feathers on their legs. But so do Cochins, Brahmas, Sultans, some Marans, d'Uccle bantams, and probably a few more kinds that I'm forgetting. Sorting them out can be a bit tricky :)

I can tell breeds when they are grown but when they are chicks it's a wild guess for me
And I just realized I made a typo when I listed what's different about silkies: they should have an extra toe. But I accidentally said they had an extra comb! :oops:

Is the black one a light Brahma?! I found a picture that looks exactly like it. Here is a updated pic:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Edit: here is the picture of the chick that looks exactly like it
image.jpg

Is the black one a light Brahma?! I found a picture that looks exactly like it. Here is a updated pic:

Yes, it might be.

I cannot see the comb clearly in the photo, but you can check.

If it has a pea comb, then probably Brahma (Light or maybe Dark)
If it has a single comb, then probably Cochin (Silver Laced, or Columbian, or maybe Silver Partridge)

Light Brahamas are Columbian color, Dark Brahmas are Silver Partridge color.

They are about 3 - 4 weeks old, right? If that is their age, I think the dark one is a male, based on the little red wattles in today's picture.

Yes, it might be.

I cannot see the comb clearly in the photo, but you can check.

If it has a pea comb, then probably Brahma (Light or maybe Dark)
If it has a single comb, then probably Cochin (Silver Laced, or Columbian, or maybe Silver Partridge)

Light Brahamas are Columbian color, Dark Brahmas are Silver Partridge color.

They are about 3 - 4 weeks old, right? If that is their age, I think the dark one is a male, based on the little red wattles in today's picture.
I think it’s a pea comb

Back
Top Bottom