9B0EBD6D-2E65-4F1C-A3A8-80185B7CA447.jpeg

Blackish one:
2083D7EF-A960-4C72-A82E-F9369669A20A.jpeg
188C88F3-45EC-475D-9D37-13751C1FE6A0.jpeg

Yellow one:
24BDFEF8-9053-4FE6-93EB-8CDD03265E8D.jpeg

65E97082-EC2C-4729-8DA8-5EC824E6CEE3.jpeg

Thanks in advance for your help!

The reddish one might be a red sexlink pullet. (There are other things it could be, but if it came from a store, that's the most likely.)

The darker one is probably some sort of Cochin, unless it's a mix. No idea on gender for that one.

If you post pictures again in a month or two, we can make better guesses.

If you want to be looking up different breeds and comparing them, some details to pay attention to:
--feathered feet (dark one) or not (red one)
--comb type (I think they're both single, but it can be hard to tell when they are little)
--foot & leg color (I think they have yellow skin, not white or blue or green)
--crest on the head (I don't see any)
--muffs or beard on the face (the red one has none, I'm not positive about the dark one. If it grows up to have muff/beard, it would NOT be a Cochin.)
--feather texture (normal, silkied, frizzled)
--toes (normal is 3 facing forward, 1 backward, on each foot. Some breeds have an extra toe in the back.)
--feather color

The feather color is usually most obvious, but the other details are sometimes very helpful for sorting out similar breeds.

The black one looks like it could maybe be a silkie
I think the wing feathers look normal, not silkied.

And silkies usually have dark skin, a crest on the head, an extra comb toe, and a different style of comb.

So I think it's probably not a silkie.

[Edit because I typed it wrong: silkies have an extra toe, not an extra comb!]

Last edited:
Where did they come from? Are they supposed to be purebreds or chance of them being mixed breeds or what?
Pretty hard to positively ID a breed by chick pics honestly.

Oh my bad. Do silkies have feathers on their legs cause I thought they did and that's what I was going for
Yes, silkies do have feathers on their legs. But so do Cochins, Brahmas, Sultans, some Marans, d'Uccle bantams, and probably a few more kinds that I'm forgetting. Sorting them out can be a bit tricky :)

Is the black one a light Brahma?! I found a picture that looks exactly like it. Here is a updated pic:

Yes, it might be.

I cannot see the comb clearly in the photo, but you can check.

If it has a pea comb, then probably Brahma (Light or maybe Dark)
If it has a single comb, then probably Cochin (Silver Laced, or Columbian, or maybe Silver Partridge)

Light Brahamas are Columbian color, Dark Brahmas are Silver Partridge color.

They are about 3 - 4 weeks old, right? If that is their age, I think the dark one is a male, based on the little red wattles in today's picture.

Back
Top Bottom