What are these things?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by truovrld, Dec 21, 2008.

1. truovrld

truovrld New Egg

Dec 21, 2008
    These chickens are currently living wild. I don't know what they are or where they came from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more pics if needed. I kinda went crazy with the chicken pictures. [​IMG]

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Old English Game mixes, it looks like. I'm no expert on that breed, though.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Game crosses.

4. The colors on these are similar to my hens. The are red jungle fowl games, those are mixes it looks like. I would catch them if you can and try to keep them. They lay like heck and the eggs are good, brown and fairly big.

5. Gercarson

Gercarson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    I wouldn't go so far as to say crosses - they look 100% game to me - just different color patterns. I would love to have game hens lilke those. I hope you can find a way to confine them - they are as wild as pheasants and can fly just as good, or better. Good luck and you ARE lucky to have them "appear".

6. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Games!
    Good birds to have around.

7. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nice game hens. I wish they would show up at my house!!

Old Rando

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I wish game hens would just show up at my house.

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I wouldn't mind games showing up at my house, but I would really like it if bantam GLW's showed up instead...

Lucky you, they're gorgeous. Are you getting any eggs from them?

10. Do they all have the green legs ?? If so, man I would do anythiing to entice them into your flock. Really, once they are in, they will free range and come back almost everynight to your coop. eventually they will just be a part of the flock. They like fresh water, food and treats just like any other bird. Game hens are a wonderful addition to have. They are quite commical and some get darn friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by