What are they?!

Well it's not a type of comb exactly. But he's definitely dubbed, same reason he doesn't have wattles
Ok I just looked up dubbing and WOW! I had no idea that was done! So does that mean he was a show chicken? I read they do that for cock fights too but he's too docile for that

Ok I just looked up dubbing and WOW! I had no idea that was done! So does that mean he was a show chicken? I read they do that for cock fights too but he's too docile for that

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I don't know where you're located, but sometimes they also do it for frostbite prevention. Since he's not really any recognised color of OEGB, it doesn't really make sense for him to be dubbed for showing purposes. It may be that the breeder he comes from dubs as a standard procedure for all their birds

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I don't know where you're located, but sometimes they also do it for frostbite prevention. Since he's not really any recognised color of OEGB, it doesn't really make sense for him to be dubbed for showing purposes. It may be that the breeder he comes from dubs as a standard procedure for all their birds
There's no telling... I'm in Virginia so it doesn't get frostbite cold here. That's a con of getting from auctions... You have no idea what your getting! But thanks for all the info!

Back
Top Bottom