What are we?? *pics!*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kedreeva, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Time to make guesses about the nature of these silly ducks now that they are getting in big-duck feathers.

So here is Yin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is Yang:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here they are on the ground (and yes they stand around and walk around in this pose most of the time):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They came from a pen with pekin, rouen, runner, and muscovy (At least, I think). There could be others, the person I got the eggs from from is..... unreliable.

2. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

Ill tell ya what they are !! Pretty darn cute [​IMG]

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    There's definitely some Indian Runner in there, but probably a mix of something else, too, probably one with the Pekin and the other with the Rouen.

4. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    LOL they are that too! They are pretty sweet, they gave me hardly any mouth for picking them up, and were very sweet to the dwarf duckling we added to their area.

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The black & white one definitely looks like a Pekin/Muscovy, i thoguht that as soon as i saw the first picture & then knew for sure there was some Muscovy in it when i saw it's toe nails!! lol it also looks a lot like the pekin/muscovy mules i have had in the past. with the upright stance, there's a good chance there's something else mixed in there though too.

No idea on the other cutie pie!!

6. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    They are really cute ducks... whatever they are. I can see a little runner there.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The butt on the black & white one looks scovie-ish.

The other one looks like a runner/welsh harlequin mix. I hatched out a few this Spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by