What are we? We're cute but have ppl guessing! pic heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wistlindixie, Mar 27, 2011.

1. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    How old are they? I only see one that looks like a pullet to me (the black with faint lacing). I think the first couple of pics are barred Rocks and the one looks to be a buff Orpington. Really need better pics of the lightest one to even guess at breeds. The darkest one could be any number of breeds (Australorp, Jersey Giant, Minorca, Andalusian, Leghorn, etc).

2. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    They are 3 1/2 weeks old. The black one is actually a pure breed and could either be an australorp or marans. The last chick is supposed to be a pullet.

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    1,2,4 look like Barred Rock Cockrels.

5 looks like an Australorp pullet maybe?

No clue on the others, the last one looks like it has a cataract or something? Camera glare?

4. elabraleon

elabraleon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    All the barred's look like cockerels. my guess on the black one is a pullet. The buffs look like cockerels, The white ones look like cockerels and the last brown one I can't tell.
    So, pretty much all boys except one black pullet and the brown one in question.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    All but #5 and #10 are cockerals.

6. wistlindixie

wistlindixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    I think yall are right! BTW, if anyone needs roosters.....just let me hatch your eggs. I have a knack for sprouting roos!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by