What are we?

mlanyi4

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2024
Wilmington, NC
I think this is a Golden Comet (front) and a Rhode Island Red (back)? Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5413.jpeg
    IMG_5413.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 27
The red one in back with white wing feathers coming in is a red sex link, of which Golden Comets are one brand.

The white one in front could be a lot of different things. Leghorn, white Plymouth Rock, or any number of hatchery hybrids.

There are no Rhode Island reds.

The front one has developed into what we this is a Leghorn (Dolly) and the back one is looking a lot like our existing Isa Browns (Charlie).
This is them in their teen phase lol

Dolly - she’s probably the tiniest in this flock, but she’s a confident gal, generally leading the charge on foraging adventures.
IMG_5648.jpeg

Charlie - my most timid chick, hasn’t quite developed a defining personality yet. Hates a photo-op
IMG_5653.jpeg

The front one has developed into what we this is a Leghorn (Dolly) and the back one is looking a lot like our existing Isa Browns (Charlie).
This is them in their teen phase lol

Dolly - she’s probably the tiniest in this flock, but she’s a confident gal, generally leading the charge on foraging adventures.
View attachment 3800524

Charlie - my most timid chick, hasn’t quite developed a defining personality yet. Hates a photo-op
View attachment 3800533
Thanks for the update and pics!

Back
Top Bottom