What are y’all doing for the hurricane?

That's a lot of rain! If you can, put some higher spots to your run, too. A couple of logs, a kiddie chair, a child's picnic table, a bench, an overturned milk crate, anything that lets them sit higher than the mud.
Good Luck!
Thanks. That's all been in place. They will still walk on the ground though.

New update for the hurricane.

Attachments

• A55AB55A-BFF6-4297-ADCA-E21F9080BDCB.png
    A55AB55A-BFF6-4297-ADCA-E21F9080BDCB.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
I’m in Levy County, but inland closer to Alachua County. I’m just going to make sure I have enough extra water for the chickens for if the power goes out for awhile and our well pump doesn’t work. I also will be leaving the coops open so they can go where they feel they need to go within their run. We have a couple of trees that are at risk of falling on their coop so we are going to drop those today so I have time to repair the run fencing before the weather starts. Not much else we can do for them and instinct will take over once it starts. We are as prepared as we can be for them and also for our humans.

I keep reading the topic of this thread and thinking "like, tailgating?"

Be safe gang. We'll see you again when this has passed.
It's HURRICANE PARTY ... except that everyone is bringing their chicken wings live-on-the-bird instead of as a halftime snack!
And on that awful joke, I'll add another, "Good Luck," and send a few extra prayers.

Back
Top Bottom