What are you baking now?

DD has a chocolate cake going in the oven right now...
droolin.gif

Celebrate good times!
bun.gif

Quote:
Renee, would you mind sharing your recipe for the homemade Nutter Butter Cookies? I know my six kids would love to try them.

They look delicious!

Deb

Hey Deb,

Thankfully, I was able to find the recipe online so I didn't have to type it out! These cookies are a bit of effort, but they turned out really well. One note is that this is a sandy cookie which some people interpret as being dry, so small bites and milk are helpful. I actually was 1/2 cup short of oatmeal, but that was totally fine. Enjoy.

http://books.google.com/books?id=eI...&resnum=4&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Quote:
Hi Terri,

I just posted the Nutter Butter recipe above. As for the frangipane tart, here's the recipe for the filling. You can use your favorite flaky tart dough, the less sweet, the better because the filling is pretty sweet. In fact, my dough has no sugar in it whatsoever. And while I use plums here, you can experiment with other fruit. I've used figs, apricots, cherries. Also, this recipe makes enough for 2 tarts. I freeze the remainder for future use.

Frangipane (Almond Cream)

8 oz. almond paste
4 oz. unsalted butter
1 cups sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream the almond paste, butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and mix. Sift the flour and salt, then add to the mixture. Mix only until incorporated. Spread half of the mixture into a prebaked tart shell (freeze the rest for another use). Arrange fruit on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until medium-browned and slightly firm to the touch at the center of the tart. I hope you like it.

I would have had a pic of the sausage casserole I made tonight but by the time I found the camera DH had it half gone!
hu.gif

I decided I needed cheesecake. I went to the store to get some pumpkin to make the pumpkin cheesecake. Both stores I went to were out!!
barnie.gif
Now I am looking for a different recipe, I already pulled the cream cheese from the fridge so it could get soft.

Last edited:
Ok, my son and his family came to celebrate his birthday today. I made him his favorite, spaghetti and meatball CAKE
droolin.gif

Here is a pic

Jen

2757_spaghetti_cake_and_venus_in_basket_at_8_wks_001.jpg

2757_spaghetti_cake_and_venus_in_basket_at_8_wks_002.jpg

Thanks for the recipes Dedicateddourly! I am anxious to try them! KBChicks...take a pic with some gone! Then we will know how good it was with half a casserole and only ONE person eating
lau.gif
I grew up on casseroles and dont really enjoy them but my DH just loves them too...guess I might have to make him one one of these days.....Amanda...my store has a sign posted that there is a canned pumpkin shortage! When it comes in it will be limited to 2 cans a shopping trip. Good thing I have a bunch left over from last year...I made my own for my pies, guess I better use this up..perhaps cheesecake? Getting a taste for pumpkin now too!
Not baking anything today...gotta finish the weeding outside it is glorious! Terri O

Shoot--forgot about the spaghetti and meatballs cake! Please post your method! My son loves that and it would be a cute cake for his b-day too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom