What are you canning now?

Quote:
Can you contact ball and get yourself listed as a supplier? Maybe you can purchase them wholesale that way. If your husband or you have a Business address, then they may be willing to sell to you in Bulk. I think you produce enough to get a break somewhere.
I get to use my jars over again, you wave goodbye to yours.

oh yeah, costs me a fortune, and then out the door they go!
roll.png

vfem - here is a sight that you might take a look at. The link is for a jar that is just over $.50 cents depending on the quantity that you get. I have live chatted with them about the lids working in a water bath and they do. I'm looking at a much fancier jar (second link) since I what market as a gourmet jam and need the jar to reflect that. Just an idea. You do have to pay for shipping that also adds to the cost but you know how many jars you use in a year and may be you can get a large enough quantity and pallet pricing for shipping may in the end make it worth your while. Plus you are running around using gas to find the jars and lids.

Again, just fuel for thought

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=417

http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=134

Sandee

Well, not canning, but freezedrying - I got some red bell peppers cheap at Safeway, and I sliced them then put them on the dehydrator racks and into the freezer. Once they're frozen, I'll bag em up so I have sliced pepper for whenever I want. I rarely use much pepper at a time so this'll really make things better. Less waste. Yay.

I need help!!!!

I was told to pick out a pressure canner so it can be bought for my birthday. What would all you professionals reccomend??
big_smile.png

I would like to get one big enough to do about 7 quarts or so at a time.

The Presto is the one I was looking at. My aunt, the purchaser of this gift for me, was directing me towards the All American brand. Anyone have any experiences with this type?

Quote:
One of the most useful things I've started doing in recent years is using those yellow latex gloves they sell in Dollar General. I don't worry about getting burned any more and when you go to tighten the lids you can get a good grip on the jar. If I don't have any on hand I've also used my leather gloves that I use in the winter.
hide.gif
Weird, I know, but they work good, too!
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
I have a Mirro that I bought like 15 years ago and I love it, love it, love it! It does 7 quarts or 10 pints at once. Whatever brand you get, I'm sure you'll love it! What a great birthday gift!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom