What are you canning now?

Quote: Thanks! But I guess I'll let someone else take advantage of this since I just found out my local Meijers sells them
smile.png

I am so thrilled.... I did 5 quarts of roasted tomatoes w/ garlic. They took forever, but not only does it taste amazing, but they are just gorgeous to look at. Going to hate having to eat these this winter. Hahahaha

I am so thrilled.... I did 5 quarts of roasted tomatoes w/ garlic. They took forever, but not only does it taste amazing, but they are just gorgeous to look at. Going to hate having to eat these this winter. Hahahaha
Would love that recipe or where you found it?

I haven't been here in awhile so please forgive me if this has already been done. I bought that little jam/jelly maker from Ball and I have to say I'm totally loving it. It makes small batches only which is perfect for me and it does it really fast. I found it at Target for 10% off which was less than what it cost on the Ball website plus I used my Target credit card which gave me an additonal 5% off. I just went directly to customer service and paid the credit card bill with a check on the spot so I wont have any charges. So I saved nicely on it which makes me happy too..

Does anyone here use it and if they do have you tried marmalade in it yet? If you did would you be kind enough to post the recipe you used or how you modified a standard one for the jam maker?
Thanks

I haven't been here in awhile so please forgive me if this has already been done. I bought that little jam/jelly maker from Ball and I have to say I'm totally loving it. It makes small batches only which is perfect for me and it does it really fast. I found it at Target for 10% off which was less than what it cost on the Ball website plus I used my Target credit card which gave me an additonal 5% off. I just went directly to customer service and paid the credit card bill with a check on the spot so I wont have any charges. So I saved nicely on it which makes me happy too..

Does anyone here use it and if they do have you tried marmalade in it yet? If you did would you be kind enough to post the recipe you used or how you modified a standard one for the jam maker?
Thanks
i would love to hear how it works!

Sorry I've been busy and away... tomatoes just won't stop! hahaha

Simply, instead of blanching my tomatoes to peel, I cored them and popped them under the broiler in the oven. I waited until the skins burned slightly, pulled them out and peeled them. Delicious roasted taste.Then I peeled a TON of garlic, I popped 6 cloves into each jar with the tomatoes and add slightly salted water. Sealed and canned as usual. I can't wait to add this to my chili this winter in the crock pot.

Does anyone here use it and if they do have you tried marmalade in it yet? If you did  would you be kind enough to post the recipe you used or how you modified a standard one for the jam maker?
Thanks

Ive been tempted to get it but the batches were just too small for me;(

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Jar-1440...F8&qid=1344908763&sr=8-1&keywords=jelly+maker

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom