What are you canning now?

I'm in NYS, we're canning ice cubes,
lau.gif

Lord have mercy my roosters crow froze in mid air. My chickens were standing the sheep just to keep their feet warm.
lau.gif
gig.gif
Now that's COLD!!!!

Lesson number umpteenth thousandth - label jars of jelly while you still know what flavor they are. I have no idea what I'll be drenching my biscuit in tomorrow other than it came from my pantry and is a reddish orange hue. Could be sand plum, peach, grape, currant, or one of the mixed kind. Possibly even apricot. Sigh. Lol.

Lesson number umpteenth thousandth - label jars of jelly while you still know what flavor they are. I have no idea what I'll be drenching my biscuit in tomorrow other than it came from my pantry and is a reddish orange hue. Could be sand plum, peach, grape, currant, or one of the mixed kind. Possibly even apricot. Sigh. Lol.

My wife and I still do not agree on this . I date and label everything canned or frozen . She does not bother . I hate meal surprises .

I use printer labels. For gifts, I make fancy labels with borders and graphics in addition to the name. I create the label, print as many as I need and save it fro the next time I can.
For a new recipe, I make a second label for the back that gives suggestions on use. For example, for plum sauce the suggested uses are stir-fry, grilled chicken, roast pork, dipping sauce.

Back
Top Bottom