What are you canning now?

Just call them. Describe what you have and what you need and they should be able to hook you up.

Sorry for butting into the conversation. . . . I would like to get cannng again but have a slight problem.  The last time I canned I removed the PSI thingy to clean thoughly and now, a year later, cannot find all the peices. Namely the nuts to thread the ______ that has the PSI meter on top.

I have looked on the presto canning site but since I dont know the names of these parts, just cant find out if they have the  parts. So who knows the name of these parts?????

THank you.

Sorry for butting into the conversation. . . . I would like to get cannng again but have a slight problem. The last time I canned I removed the PSI thingy to clean thoughly and now, a year later, cannot find all the peices. Namely the nuts to thread the ______ that has the PSI meter on top.

I have looked on the presto canning site but since I dont know the names of these parts, just cant find out if they have the parts. So who knows the name of these parts?????

THank you.

FYI, there is not butting in here.. YOU just join in, you are always welcome to interject. That's what friends are for.
hugs.gif

Looks like you got your help. Glad too. Hope you make lots of good stuff.

Love ya,
Rancher

"You've got a friend in me".

Last edited:
Last year I had just 9 ripening peaches up high on the tree and one day 8 were missing. I thought maybe someone had backed their pickup truck into the yard. Two days later the one left was gone. Turns out it wasn't folks but raccoons! They have a tendency to carry the fruit away, unlike squirrels or rabbits that eat or decimate the fruit in near proximity. Can't say about a tree full of peaches, though. Bummer....

Squirrels will stash food too. Used to have them store walnuts under out awning. Saw a half eaten apple in the notch of a tree too.

One of our neighbors saw a squirrel running up a tree with something clutched under it's chin/arm (do they have arms? maybe front leg is better). Turns out the sneaky thing had stolen an egg out of a nesting box and was running off with it.

Egg thief!

One of our neighbors saw a squirrel running up a tree with something clutched under it's chin/arm (do they have arms? maybe front leg is better). Turns out the sneaky thing had stolen an egg out of a nesting box and was running off with it.

Egg thief!
Squirrels have presented a problem for me too. They will eat the food and they will steal eggs. This is why I kill them. Squirrels are also covered with cooties. They have no useful purpose.

Now why I stopped in. My jellies did not set firm enough for me. I used Liquid pectin even though the recipe did not call for it. I was tired of stirring and stirring. Liquid pectin doesn't seem to work well for me, though I used it according to the recipe for the Strawberry/ Pineapple jam.

I'm going to redo the Cranberry and the Grape but boil them longer. I assume boiling time does matter even though they seemed to come to the temp for set?

I am tired. I have got to learn to do this right.

Creating jellies and jams can go "wrong" time to time. Just part of the game. My mom would use jams that didnt jell properly as i ce cream toppings. She did lots of canning and preserving, so given her experience, it does happen to even the most experienced. Try again. . . .:)
I've read about the ice cream topping thing. I can not eat this MUCH ice cream.
lol.png
Well I could but then I'd have to "roll" up the computer rather than walk.
lol.png

I'm going to dump it and try to get a better set. I followed the recipe with the exception of the liquid Sure Jell.

Never give up, never surrender.................
52938079.jpg

Back
Top Bottom