What are you canning now?

Quote:
This would be right up my DH's alley!!
big_smile.png

M.sue :

HELPPPPPP......... My DH has another wheel barrel of tomatoes!! I'm getting all canned out and tomatoes aren't my favorite to begin with!!

Do you have a dehydrator? I dried a bunch this year and then stuck them in the freezer. I plan to reconstitute them for sauces and to use on pizza etc.​

Quote:
I can find ginger "root" but the "stem ginger" is something different and is some type of processed ginger in syrup. It comes in a jar. Now the "crystalized" ginger is something different too. It was $12 for a small bottle at the grocery store but I got some at the asian store for $5. That is what I am going to use in the recipe for my jam.

I have plenty of recipes for ginger jams and jellies in the books and I could spend forever just trying them out.

I am definitely going to hit the used book store for books. We have some really nice ones here.

On another note I took out every book on preserving and jams and jellies from the public library and I've found some interesting recipes.

One for a zucchini pineapple , one for a Green tomatoe pie filling and another for an Eggplant jam.

I didn't grow zucchini this year cuz no one eats it, and I don't like egg plant so I only grow the little finger kind and Lord have mercy if DW doesn't let the spoil. If any of these interest anyone I can give you the title of the books and you can get them from your library. If not I can try to scan and send you the recipes by e-mail.

Take care,

Rancher

Yay Chicks! :

M.sue :

HELPPPPPP......... My DH has another wheel barrel of tomatoes!! I'm getting all canned out and tomatoes aren't my favorite to begin with!!

Do you have a dehydrator? I dried a bunch this year and then stuck them in the freezer. I plan to reconstitute them for sauces and to use on pizza etc.​

Yes I have 2 and I already did a bunch the minute they were rippening. I think this is last truckload.....Thank goodness!!! lol​

Quote:
I have been making my butters in the crockpot for the past two years. Much easier than constant stirring
wink.png

Same here!
smile.png

I do the apple sauce in the crockpot too, that cooks down in only a couple of hours as well... much quicker.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom