What are you canning now?

Ta-Da!

14084_11-22-2011_016.jpg

OK all you caninng gurus I need help...My MIL just gave me a HUGE bag of apples 50? I am apple buttered and applie pie filling FULL..what else can I make that's fun..I've looked through my books and they are all the same nothing really sticking out that jumps at me. Im hoping some of you really experienced canners have something awesome and easy to suggest???

You can make some apple rosemary sauce as a marinade... or you can use the cores and skins to make pectin... or you can make a chutney... or apple vodka.... should I keep going?
big_smile.png

I made Apple Cinnamon Syrup this year it's awsum on pancakes or icecream, you could also make some yummy applesauce with cranberries or strawberries. or just can them plain to use as whatever comes up in the next year that requires apples............ that's what I do with all my extras after I make my apple mint jelly, sauce, pie filling.

Quote:
Oh KenK, fret not about a little bolting. I ate almost all of my broccoli this way this year. It would be looking good one day, then sending out those little flowers the next! I never noticed a difference when eating it, even just steamed
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom