What are you changing about your grocery list, to help lose weight?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MeatKing, Jan 2, 2011.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm gonna buy more, cans of tuna for my lunch, I eat out alot.. so this should help cut calories
    I'm gonna buy more high fiber stuff, bean, broccili, anything I'm missing?
    I'm gonna drink my water with lemons in it, it's supposed to help, and I really like lemons [​IMG]

What are you gonna try?

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

My DH lost 30 lbs eating a pound of salad every night. I eat well during the day at work but poorly at night so I'm going to hop on the salad bandwagon with him. I like the packaged fresh herb salad greens you can buy.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I eat a lot of soup, very little bread, and no sweetened drinks.

4. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I am going to give up artificial sweeteners and try to reset my tastebuds to prefer natural flavors and not so much sugar.

ETA: Eat MOR real CHIKN [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    It's not what's on my list that's the problem...it's the things that jump into my cart when my back is turned. I'm going to stick to the outside isles of the grocery store where all the fresh things are. The processed stuff is on the isles in the middle of the store.

6. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Buy nothing your great grandmother wouldn't have in her kitchen. If she never heard of it, don't buy it.

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    my goal is to buy none at all aside from a few staples! I want to grow it... except for fruit for now (trees going to be planted in the spring!) We've been growing and canning our own food to get to the point where we don't have to buy any food for the most part. No chips, cookies, candy or pop. I'm going to try to fix larger meals so we can eat left overs for lunch instead of eating out or pre-packaged lunches (even though I did lose weight eating those steamable lunches and oatmeal for breakfast).

Drink more water!

8. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I'm going to pack my lunch from the garden and drink tomato juice instead of gator aid. I've also decided to cut way back on red meat that isn't deer, elk, bison or antelope. I'm going to cut out doughnuts and gas station food completely. It is easy enough said. I doubt I'd have a gut at all if I didn't drink beer though.

9. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't need to lose any weight....but I'm cutting back on the groceries so I can pay for the Inflation that the U.S. Government says DOESN'T Exist !!!

a buncha liars the Gub-Mint uses for Economists.....

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

10. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    My husband and I have some plans for our fitness later in the year so we've really got to up our protein intake. I saw that woman (omg sorry forgot name) around here who's been taking old roosters from people for free from Craigslist to process and I just think she's brilliant! So my husband and I are going to set up a killing area and get a whole heap of roosters from around here (it's an unmined food market!) and we're going to get many roosters for our freezer for meat. <3

My husband has an issue with sweets even though he's supposed to be on a strict diet so I've gotten different flavours of protein powder and made all these cookies that have no sugar in them but 18g of protein per cookie. And they taste good. So he's happy.

My issue is boredom. These fitness diets are always so boring for me. I need to get more ideas. I bought this book, though:

http://www.amazon.com/Muscle-Meals-Delicious-high-protein-Cookbook/dp/1889462012/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4

... which I am fairly certain has no good recipes in it, but will be great for a laugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by