What are you selling your eggs for per dozen?

I sell mine for $2.50 a dozen, $2 a dozen if they bring me a carton. I have one lady who buys all the eggs I have though (4-5 dozen a week), otherwise I'd probably try to charge more. It's just easier to sell them all in one swoop, so I figure less money is ok as long as there is less hassle for me.

Quote:
I don't know if you took a look at the prices for buying in bulk from the first website, but if you bought 100 it works out to less than 40 cents a carton and the price decreases the more you buy, top it off with free shipping and the fact that it states they're recycled you're better off on the first website.

We're getting ready to start selling our eggs as soon as the Ameraucana pullets get their act together and all start laying. We got 8 eggs today. Unfortunately we eat probably 8 each morning for breakfast. Been wondering what we should sell them for. I think $3 or $3.50 sounds good. Will have to check the local store for prices as well since I will want to sell them. The economy is really bad here.

Awesome thank you!! Me too
frow.gif

80874_byc_pic_for_sig.jpg

I just bought a bunch of clear egg cartons. Fantastic deal! Here's the link:

http://www.eggcartons.com/SPECIALS/products/74/

I got the 3 x 4 clear egg cartons - 600 for $54.95 plus free shipping equals to less than 10 cents a carton.

I ordered these as well. I think they are very nice cartons. I am just printing out some labels myself for them and I am going to add a line to return them to me if they want more eggs or to please recycle them---(they are recyclable #6).
smile.png

Edit to add-I am trying to decide between $3.00 or $4.00/doz.​

Last edited:
When I have had excess, I have sold them to a lady at work for $3.00 per doz. That was the price she set. I was only asking $2.00. She said that $3.00 was what her husband had been paying and that he would not buy them from me for any less. OK! I have so many people give me empty egg cartons. I only hope that some day I have to purchase some!

I had kinda a range of prices....if folks bring me a recycled carton then it was 2.50. If the brought BACK a clear carton then it was 3.00. If they got a fresh clear carton then it was 3.50. But my problems started when my egg "pushers" (my hubby works at a bank, my aunt who works in a huge office, mom at a day care) all complained it was too confusing, too much change to make etc etc...make it one flat price and ask folks to return the clear cartons just to be green and help keep costs down. I live up in the hills so I have to rely on them to actually sell the eggs...so I have to keep it one flat price. The clear cartons are HUGE in the marketing strategy. These "pushers" of mine just set a carton on the desk and every passer by asks about them. A regular carton wouldnt be noticeable and would require active sales rather than just folks who can see them. Ok thats my big story. Its been one of those days so sorry to carry on. I think Ill hog tie the kids and go stand in my coop for awhile.

I wish I could get those prices. Alot of people are raising birds, so there is alot of competition. I sell mine for 1.50 to church members, and try and get 2 to anyone else. Walmart has em cheap so I need to be close to them in price even though cage free well fed eggs should be more money. If you are in the country like we are, it will be tough to get good money. My church family has collected more cartons for me then I will ever be able to use, LOl.

Back
Top Bottom