What are your Favorite/dream Silkie Crosses?

msiler

Songster
Nov 26, 2018
What is everyones favorite Silkie cross that they have owned or bred? Share pictures!
Or if you haven't bred or owned one, what is your dream cross??
Mine is a Silkie rooster over a Light Brahma hen. The rooster is black, and I am gathering eggs for the incubator soon. I will cross the chicks back to a Silkie once they are old enough so 50% will have the Silkie feathering :love
^ If anyone has an idea what that would look like, you should share ;)

I have a few silkie crosses but so far is my fave is the silkie x araucana (Australian standard). these are two out of the three pullets I got, I'll be pairing them with this boy which will give me the 50% chance of silkie feathered chicks with some that lay green eggs :fl
DSC_0612.JPG DSC_0610.JPG DSC_0492.JPG

I have a few silkie crosses but so far is my fave is the silkie x araucana (Australian standard). these are two out of the three pullets I got, I'll be pairing them with this boy which will give me the 50% chance of silkie feathered chicks with some that lay green eggs :fl
View attachment 1739683 View attachment 1739682 View attachment 1739699
No way! I had a long debate with myself if I wanted to do what you are doing or what I am doing now! You have to let me know how this goes!!! Is the new little rooster a Silkie or is a throwback to Silkie feathering??

I got a EE roo over a Buff silkie hen. All my pictures are on my other phone tho
Share the pictures if you can! They sound adorable

I had one blue silkie named Roosevelt but he died

Maybe a blue silkie x silver splashed? Don’t even know if that is a silkie type

Back
Top Bottom