What are your favorite "inspirational" songs?

Two that I can think of:

1) The Star Spangled Banner -- not only because it is our national anthem, but the meaning in the words: that even through the height of battle, or any other conflict, our flag and what it represents keeps on keeping on.

2) One Moment In Time -- back when Whitney Houston had her voice
roll.png
and she recorded this song for the Olympics, I'd get chills when I heard this song. The idea that each of us has something to give, and will truly shine when we have the chance to show it, is truly inspiring to me.

I grew up surrounded by family who loves all music. I remember standing in an elevator and not realizing I was singing the lyrics aloud to the Muzic piped in. A very old gentleman peered over, squinting his eyes and asked, "So you know the words. Musta listened to your grandpa's records. Bet you don't know the name of the song. Most kids don't care." No hesitation. "Lamplighter. And Vaughn Monroe sang it."

My very very fav has to be the whole of Ferde Groff's Grand Canyon Suite, played loud. Sounds like God painted colors of hope.

Have you ever listened to the 4th stanza of the SSB? Francis Scott Key served on a board the remainder of his life you may find surprising.
Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom