What are your favorite treats

Pics
I have only 4BO, they get a measured amount of BOSS & MW (1/8 cup each once a day). I used to feed healthy treats, veggies & fruits but noticed they weren't gaining weight. It was suggested worms but possible over treating. Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their feed as it "neutralizes" the nutrition of the feed. My pullets started gaining weight so guess I was "over" treating. Easier to stop than it is to calculate :confused:

I ferment my Flock Raiser crumbles for them. They get some every morning to supplement the dry feed they have access to all day. They think it’s a treat and it’s good for them. I have a watermelon in the fridge and they are now getting a slice of that in the afternoon until it’s gone. They REALLY appreciate that because it’s been pretty hot here lately.

I have only 4BO, they get a measured amount of BOSS & MW (1/8 cup each once a day). I used to feed healthy treats, veggies & fruits but noticed they weren't gaining weight. It was suggested worms but possible over treating. Treats shouldn't be more than 10% of their feed as it "neutralizes" the nutrition of the feed. My pullets started gaining weight so guess I was "over" treating. Easier to stop than it is to calculate :confused:
I have seen BOSS a few times on the site, but what is it?

Back
Top Bottom