What are your other hobbies?

I wish we could have started a garden this year. If it werent for having a backhoe here moving every thing I probably would have. Now I am afraid its to late in the year for planting. So I am stuck with tastless veggies from the store.

Quote:
I LOVE that song!!!!! Have you heard of Frontline Worship? They are a group from Master Commision which is a Christian college that if found throughout the country. They are from the one in Phoenix, Arizona. The are Amazing, that's the only way I can describe them. I just went to a concert on Sunday and I cant stop listening to the CD I bough there! Its so great to find people that share my beliefs and love my kind of music!
big_smile.png

Never heard of Frontline Worship, but I am going to a concert Saturday night. Greater Vision, Legacy Five, Mark Trammell Trio, Danny Funderburk, how much better could it get? I'm looking forward to it so much. They actually sing real, deep music. I can't stand shallow, wishy-washy stuff, but these groups are my very favorite. Plus, they're singing the Cathedrals music, which is cool too. (This is all Southern Gospel groups for those of you that have never heard of any of these)
As to hobbies, I like to spend time with the chickens, dogs, horses and guinea, crochet, learned how to knit a couple weeks ago but haven't done it since, swim, play yard and board games, play the piano-or attempt it-and go boating. Haven't done much of that since about '99, but I love it. I also cook, esp. breads and desserts, clean house
-fun fun-, babysit, organize, sing, (when there's no one else around to suffer from it) and garden. I, too, am a Christian and read my Bible every day, but I wouldn't have thought to put that on a list of hobbies if y'all hadn't started it.
Grace

Last edited:
Also, I love seeing so many other Christians on here. And I love some of the signatures. Blessed Assurance, etc. Whoever that was in Louisiana looking for a church, (I've read so many of these I can't remember who said what) I recommend moving to VA and attneding Timberlake Baptist. Every sermon is filled with practical truth, the doctrine, and how to apply it. Okay it may not be to easy to move, but it was a nice thought. There's so much in them, I have trouble taking notes fast enough to write down everything I wanted to remember.
It's also very encouraging to see so many people homeschooling. Mamading and others-on the harder days -you can keep doing it if you keep your focus on Christ.I don't have any experience myself, but my Mom homeschooled all of us all the way through-or will have in a few years- and by all, I mean all fourteen. I don't generally like to call attention to this-it seems to attract rather odd questions-, but I thought it might be encouraging on the frustrating days.

Thank you Grace Boyer. Your encouragement is greatly appreciated.
Here is something I received in an email from a homeschool magazine I subscribe to, I printed it so that I can read it whenever I get discouraged.

You are doing well; press on because your Heavenly Father, who called you to train up your children in a way they should go, is right there with you. He is intimately involved in every moment - watching and caring. Nothing escapes Him. He sees and knows everything - every struggle, every tear, every smile. Don’t forget that. Look up - beyond the pile of dirty diapers and undone dishes - and rejoice. There are more important things and you are doing them. Look up. Keep your eyes on the Lord.

The first time I read that I cried because it was exactly what I needed at that moment, to be reminded that my Lord and Saviour is there ALL the time and He will help me when the times get tough. When I ask God if I'm doing the right thing, if this big responsibility I took upon myself perhaps a bigger bite than I can chew, the Lord gently reminds me that Moses had the same thoughts when he was asked to lead God's people out of Egypt and this is what God said to Moses: "Now go. I will help you speak. I will teach you what to say." Exodus 4:12

To that I say, "Thank you Lord!"

Well here's my list....camping, photography, genealogy, fishing (catfish & crappie - I'm a river gal) geocaching!!; hiking (learned a valuable lesson last week - DON'T GO ALONE!! and a level 6 means it's a dang tuff trail! lol); baseball (Go Cardinals); just took up pottery; mother of one son 23 and married to one hubbie 25 yrs - I'm also "mom" to my 3 brothers and sisters; saver of turtles - family makes fun of the fact that I simply CANNOT bear to find a turtle in distress - I have to stop and help it to safety - even in my church dress once! BUT my absolute favorite thing in the world to do is ride my Honda Rancher 4x4!!!!! I ride it for hours - I love it!!! bought for myself on my 39th birthday! lol

It indeed is good to see other poster's Biblical and hymn quotes at the end of their posts. During the workday, it's easy to forget about God and praying.

Quote:
oh my gosh! we have five acres cleared I could not imagine mowing that with a push mower! it is enough on a riding lawn mower with a 42'inch deck. we don't own a tractor.
do you get this done in one day????
ep.gif

I had never heard of geocaching before, but now I'm very excited about it, it sounds awesome. I paint http://www.rachelbess.com, I taught painting and life drawing for 6 years at a charter school, and now just facilitate workshops in central Phoenix from time to time. I have a large garden (as large as you can get on a 1/3 acre lot in the middle of Phoenix!) and I enjoy permaculture/survivalism/off grid types of learning and activities. My husband is a Christian, I'm an atheist, we both like science and industrial/electronic/goth/punk music. Any other goths out there that love chickens??
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom